Next Day Delivery Available
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy
Version 2: Last updated 12 Jan 2021
At Ransom Spares we are wholly committed to protecting the privacy and security of our site visitors and customers. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy please feel free to drop us an email dataprotection [at] ransomspares.co.uk.
This privacy statement may change. Please check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the new version of the policy if you use the site after its effective date. We may also notify you of any changes by email.
- We will only use your data to enhance your experience with us.
- Your data will be guarded by us as if it were our own.
- No Spam. We will only send you information that you have asked for.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
|How we use your name and contact details||Why?|
|To deliver your order/s||To perform our contract with you so that we can send your order/s to the correct person at the correct address.|
|Send you service updates via email, text message, and phone||To perform our contract with you to keep you up to date when your order will arrive.|
|Respond to any questions you have asked regarding orders or products||To ensure we offer the best customer service possible.|
|Send you details about special offers, repair tips, and ask you for your opinion about our service and products (reviews)||To keep you up to date. We will only send these with your permission.|
|Display your first name and town if you ask a question or post a review on our site||To provide the best possible information for other customers|
This refers to your credit card’s security CVV code. Don’t worry we don’t store any payment information on our database.
|How we use your payment information||Why?|
|Take payment and issue refunds||To perform our contract with you.|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To detect and prevent fraud against either you or Ransom Spares.|
This refers to things that you’ve said to us for example, by email, over the phone, or via live chat.
|How we use your contact history with us||Why?|
|Provide the best possible customer service and support||To perform our contract with you.|
|Staff training||So that we can offer the best possible customer service.|
This refers to items that you’ve bought and what you’ve got stored in your basket for another time.
|How we use your purchase history & Save items||Why?|
|Sell you spare parts and accessories||To perform our contract with you. You need to be able to add things to your basket if you want to buy them!|
|Provide customer service and handle returns||So that we can offer the best possible customer service.|
|Find out what you and other users like||So that we can offer the best range of products to suit our customers.|
Information About Your Computer, Laptop, Phone, and How You Use Our website App
This refers to information that you provide when you browse our web app. Including IP address, device type, and if you share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our web app.
|How we use your information about your computer, laptop, phone||Why?|
|Improve your experience and set default options for you (such as language and currency)||To provide you with the best possible shopping experience.|
|Protect our website||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Ransom Spares. And to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.|
Sharing Your Information
Ransom Spares does not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. This includes your name, address, email address, or credit card information. Trust is extremely important to us and we believe this is necessary to do that.
However, in order to offer the best possible service, we do share your data with the following categories of companies:
- Companies that do things to get your orders to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Companies that provide communication services so that we can offer the best customer service, such as Support Ticketing and Live Chat.
- Companies that provide other IT services such as e-commerce, online advertising and analytics.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies; so we can help tackle fraud.
- Insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal claims.
- Companies that you have approved, such as social media (if you choose to link your account with us) and, market place sellers where you place an order.
- Potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
Your personal information which we collect is stored within the EU and is not transferred to any third countries except as follows.
Your personal information (e.g., name, email address, IP address, browsing information) may be transferred to the US by the following companies: Google / Facebook (analytics / advertising), Microsoft (advertising), SendGrid (mailshots), Freshchat (live chat) and Freshdesk (support). Transfer is generally on the basis of contracts with EU-mandated standard contractual clauses designed to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information. Some of these companies were certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework which is no longer applicable due to a court decision; we understand that the authorities are working on a replacement and we aim to update our policy to reflect this in due course.
If you are located outside the EU, we may need to send your contact information to delivery companies outside the EU in order to enable us to perform the contract with you.
Marketing and Other Messages
When you make a purchase we will ask you if you would like to receive emails regarding the following:
- Details of any special offers and repair tips.
- Questions from other customers who have purchased the same item as you.
You can choose to opt-in, with the option to opt-out at any time in the future.
How Do I Opt-out of Marketing and Other Messages?
If you choose to op-in to some or all of the above you can stop receiving messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- Through your account settings
Adverts Online for Ransom Spares
We engage in online advertising so that we can keep you aware of special offers and repair tips.
We use Google Re-Marketing to show ads based on your previous use of Ransom Spares web app.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Until your account is deleted or our contract with you has otherwise ended. You can delete your account as explained on our site.
We may hold on to some (or all) of your information for longer (typically up to six years) if reasonably needed for legal, regulatory or tax reasons, deal with disputes, prevent fraud or abuse and/or enforce our terms and conditions.
We will keep your information which we use only for newsletters or other marketing until you tell us to stop sending you such messages.
We will generally keep automated browsing information for up to 26 months
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed how your personal data is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request amendment of incorrect personal information that we hold about you. (You can most likely make any amendments yourself via my account.
- The right to request that your account and/or personal details are deleted in certain circumstances. This can be done via my account.
- The right to opt out of marketing messages that you opted in. This can be done via my account.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (UK) or countries data protection regulator if outside the UK.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint or question please contact us. For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk
Please see our cookie statement.
You can contact our data protection team at dataprotection [at] ransomspares.co.uk. Or if you would like to write to us you can do so at:
Unit 3 Flushing Meadow
Please note that requests for personal data can take up to 30 days to process.